- Container components : how things work (opposite = presentational)
- Presentational components: how things look. Opposite = container) Presentational vs container components
- Declarative: what should happen (fe third-party languages, libraries, framework). Opposite = imperative)
- Function: f(x). Takes direct inputs, does operations on inputs and returns a direct output (no side-effects). All functions are procedures, but not all procedures are functions. A function without a return value is a procedure.
- Functional programming : use proven patterns, avoid side-effects if possible. Write pure functions and comment side-effects (= code effects outside the scope of a function, fe changing a global variable)
- Imperative : how to accomplish a task, not interpreting anything (fe assembly language)
- Presentational components: how things look. (Opposite = container) Presentational vs container components
- Procedure: collection of operations
- Pure function: Same input ALWAYS returns same output
- Unary function: Function with one parameter
- Binary function: Function with two parameters
- Isomorphic: a web app that blends a server-rendered web app with a single-page application. On the one hand, we want to take advantage of fast perceived performance and SEO-friendly rendering from the server.
if (!e) var e = window.event; e.cancelBubble = true; if (e.stopPropagation) e.stopPropagation();